بسم الله
 

Visitors: 274

Spokeswoman: Iran to File Lawsuit against S. Arabia over Lebanon, Yemen Terrorist Attacks

  1/21/2014
Summary:Iran plans to file a legal complaint against Saudi Arabia over its leading role in the recent terrorist attacks on Islamic Republic's diplomats and outposts in Lebanon and Yemen, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marziyeh Afkham announced on Tuesday.
Afkham’s remarks came after Iranian diplomat Abolqassem Assadi was gunned down by unknown assailants outside his home in Sana’a on Saturday, the last in a series of attacks on Iranian diplomats and missions abroad.

“We plan to lodge complaints with international bodies over the recent terrorist attacks and we have already made the preliminary arrangements for legal action against Saudi Arabia,” Afkham told reporters in her weekly conference in Tehran on Tuesday.

She stressed that Iran is cooperating with the Lebanese officials to gather the details of the recent twin terrorist bombings in front of the Iranian embassy in Beirut, and said, “The same process is underway for the Yemen’s case.”

On Saturday, Assadi was gunned down by unknown gunmen outside his home in the Yemeni capital.

A few hours after Assadi’s assassination on Saturday, Afkham announced that the Iranian diplomat had succumbed to his injuries.

Afkham expressed deep regret over the death of the Iranian diplomat, and explained, “A terrorist group attacked an Iranian embassy’s diplomat in a Sana’a street and tried to kidnap him, but due to the resistance shown by the diplomat they have started shooting at him.”

Afkham strongly condemned the Saturday terrorist attack on the Iranian diplomat, and said, “Iran is seriously following up the terrorist attack with the concerned Yemeni officials.”

Also, in July 2013, unknown assailants abducted the Iranian embassy staff member, Nikbakht, in Safr street in Sana'a.

On November 19, 2013, twin bombings outside Iran's Embassy in the southern neighborhood of Janah in Beirut killed 25 people, including Iran’s cultural attaché to Lebanon, and injured more than 150. The al-Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades, commanded by the Saudi terrorist Majed al-Majed, claimed responsibility for the bombings, which left 23 dead, including cultural attaché Ebrahim Ansari.

Last month, members of the Iranian parliament asked the foreign ministry to launch a probe into the suspicious death of Majed who was said to have extensive ties with the Saudi intelligence agency.

Earlier, the Lebanese security forces said they had arrested Majed.

Later, a Lebanese army General, who spoke on the conditions of anonymity in line with regulations, said Al-Majed died in custody in Lebanon. The General said Al-Majed died after suffering kidney failure.

Political analysts believe that the supporters and financers of Abdullah Izzam terrorist group have killed Majed for the fear of the possible revelations he could make against the Saudi Takfiri groups and his masters.

Also, other observers say that the Lebanese security forces had started Majed's interrogation before his death, but refrained from disclosing their information upon Riyadh’s request.

Al-Majed, a Saudi citizen was detained in Lebanon late last month and had been held at a secret location. Al-Majed was announced as leader of the Brigades in 2012.

The Abdullah Izzam Brigades was formed in 2009 and is believed to have branches in both the Arabian Peninsula and Lebanon, but may have been active as early as 2004.

In 2009, Lebanon sentenced Majed in absentia to life in prison for belonging to a different extremist group, the Al-Qaeda-inspired Fatah al-Islam.





You must be a member to send comments Register